Better Moms make a better world!

November 28, 2010

Weekly Devotion - 11/28/10

"I teach my child right from wrong."

Little ones have so many things to learn: to be gind to others, to tell the truth, to be generous, to work hard, to love God.  Every day I teach my child something new and remind him of what he's already learned.  Still I wonder, will he be ready for the world?  There are so many choices and temptations.  Will he do what's right?  My child may trip and stumble, but God will not let him fall.  God will be holding my child's hand even when I am not.

Today:

I will help my child make the right choices, and I will trust God to help my child when I can't.

Dear heavenly Father, thank You for holding my child's hand.  He knows right from wrong, but there are many ways to stumble.  Please hold his hand extra tight when he's out in the world and I can't be by his side.


If the Lord delights in a man's way, he makes his stip firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 37:23-24

***********************

Excerpted from "I'm a Good Mother: A Devotional Book for the Not-So-Perfect Mom"
by Gigi Schweikert

No comments: