Better Moms make a better world!

September 19, 2011

More Than Enough by Elizabeth

Note: This post is by a mom from our group.  If anyone is interested in contributing to the blog or other postings, please contact Charlotte who is in charge of publicity for our group.


Every month I get my paycheck. Every month I carefully budget it out so that I can provide the basics for my two little girls. And every month, inevitably, I splurge when I get paid because I know if I don’t spend it then, an extra bill will come up to steal it away, or my daughter will ask for a date with me at starbucks- a favorite time of ours, and I will agree. By the end of the month I feel depleted and deprived. So then I splurge again, perpetrating a vicious cycle of never feeling entirely satisfied.
 
I noticed I treat my relationship with God the same way. I go on Sundays to church where I am given all I need for that week. Rather, that has been my mentality. That is not the truth. The truth is that God replenishes me every day. Psalm 73:26 says, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” I never need to fear I will run out of His Spirit. I don’t need to hoard it selfishly as I sometimes do with my extra money. Rather I need to share selflessly with others His Spirit and the gifts that He has given to me, trusting that He will renew and fill me each day.
 
2 Timothy 1:7 MSG says “God does not want us to be selfish with our gifts, but bold, loving, and sensible.”
 
-Elizabeth Sanchez

No comments: